Love working with companion animals?
Love vacationing in the Caribbean?
Love combining your passions?
If you answered YES, Paws for a Cause @ Nevis Animal Speak Volunteer Holidays are for you!
About Paws for a Cause @ Nevis Animal Speak:
March of 2019 NAS received approval to open our countries first ever private small animal clinic called Paws for a Cause. We are a non-profit organization providing low cost spay/neuter and wellness, animal welfare education programs, retail and animal welfare information to our community.
We operate solely as a non-profit, low-cost clinic and survive because of people like YOU donating their time and expertise. Population control and general health is our highest priority!
*What you need to provide:
- Current Lic. Information with at least 1 year post education experience
- Solid working knowledge of general medicine
- Round trip airfare to the country of St. Kitts and Nevis
- 2 week or longer commitment
What is provided:
· Lunch on clinic days
· Transportation to and from the clinic
· Comfortable indoor work environment
· Taxi and water taxi transport on travel days to and from Nevis
· Catamaran/Boat Tour of St. Kitts and Nevis (as available)
What we NEED and very much appreciate:
· Medications- current or newly expiring/expired
· Flea/Tick and deworming meds (especially Nexgard and Bravecto)
· EQUIPMENT! (we need everything from an x-ray machine machine, stainless steel exam tables, wet table, x-large pet scale, stainless holding cages, etc.)
· Pet toys and retail supplies (new or gently used)
We appreciate your time and want you to enjoy a work/life balance while visiting Nevis. We will schedule you (based on a 7 day week) for at least 1 day of surgery and 3 clinic days with hours of 8am-4pm Tues-Friday and 9am-2pm on Saturdays based on a 7 day week. On occasion we may have an emergency during off hours and would have you on call for such things.
March of 2019 we received approval to open Nevis' first ever private small animal clinic called Paws for a Cause. We are a non-profit organization (Nevis Animal Speak) providing low cost spay/neuter and wellness, animal welfare education programs,
retail and animal welfare information to our community.
We operate solely as a non-profit, low-cost clinic and survive because of people like YOU donating their time and expertise.
Nevis is one of the most unspoiled and relaxing islands in the Caribbean, birthplace of Alexander Hamilton! Vividly green with blue skies, clean air and long empty beaches, Nevis has a pace of life that encourages you to stop and appreciate all the natural beauty around you. Our beauty includes Mt. Nevis, known for hiking trails and waterfalls, green vervet monkeys, donkeys and other flora and fauna sights to delight!
Nevis a very special place famed for its charm and the easy-going genuineness of its people. A hidden gem but who’s small animals desperately need your help, we invite you to come and discover this remarkable jewel for yourself.
Paws for a Cause is committed helping all small animals whether owned or stray.
From our TNR program to general health and spaying/neutering of owned dogs and more, we hope to obtain our goal of having
a managed and healthy population of dogs and cats on Nevis!